On Tuesday, October 31st students will be permitted to wear Halloween costumes. However, all students wearing costumes must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Costumes may not be demeaning to any person or group based on ethnicity, race, religion, nationality, disability, gender, gender identity (boys as girls and vice versa), or an individual (staff or student) at the school.
- Costumes may not cause a significant disruption or distraction to the school program; i.e., no revealing costumes (low cut, French maids, nightwear, bathing suits, etc.).
- No costumes may include props or equipment that is unsafe.
- No weapons, or even replica weapons, are to be brought to school.
- No costumes or masks are allowed that completely hide the identity of the student; i.e.,gorilla suit, "Scream" character, etc.
- No costumes or masks are allowed that would impair a student's vision or movement (ability to climb stairs).
- Students not in appropriate attire or costumes will be required to change into appropriate school attire.