One of the most important decisions you will be making in the next month is choosing a high school for your son or daughter. A quality high school education is the foundation of college success and career readiness. Verdugo Hills High School is unique in being the only school in LAUSD with a four period block schedule. In this respect our semester schedule is more like college than a traditional high school. We are nestled in the foot hills of the beautiful San Gabriel mountains in the East San Fernando Valley. LAUSD provides transportation from school sites throughout the district and we offer a late bus for our students who participate in after school clubs and athletics.
We would love for you to come for a virtual visit. Our school is so much more than the facts and figures listed in our brochure and our website and you must visit to see what makes us unique. Please contact our coordinator if you have any questions or would like to arrange for a virtual visit.
If you need immediate information feel free to contact the magnet coordinator.
The Verdugo Hills High School Community
Magnet Schools of America 2022 "School of Distinction"
College style schedule – year long courses are completed in one semester
- Small School with 1200 students
- 50% of our students participate in athletics
- Over 50 student clubs and organizations
- Wide offering of AP Courses
- Award winning arts program
- Full-time credentialed college counselor
- College courses taught on campus
- Beautiful & safe campus in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains
A High Performing Magnet
- 100% Graduation Rate
- 45% of our STEM² students are identified as gifted
- 42% of our students are enrolled in AP classes
- 100% pass rate on the AP Calculus Exam
- 98%of our students are college bound
- Competitive robotics program
- STEM² infused core classes